- AUX-in mode related
- Noise-canceling related
- Transparency related
- Mic related
- Battery related
How do I pair my soundcore Q20i headphones?1. Press and hold the "Power On" button for 5s to enter into pairing mode directly after the headphones are turned off.
2. Press and hold the "Power On" button for 1s-3s until you hear the boot up tone. The headphones will automatically reconnect to the last device. if the headphones do not reconnect to the last device after continuously sending a reconnection signal for 5s, it will enter pairing mode again.
3. Once the headphones are paired with a device already, if you want to pair this headphones with another device please manually disconnect the current connection of the device, then the headphones will automatically enter into pairing mode, and you can start pairing again.
4. Connecting to a second device: After double-clicking the switch button, the current connected device will not be disconnected and the headphones will re-enter into pairing mode where a second device can search for and connect to the headphones.
5. The factory default is to automatically enter the pairing mode when the device is turned on.
How do I reconnect my soundcore Q20i headphones?Press and hold the "Power On" button for 1s-3s until you hear the boot up tone, and the headphones will automatically reconnect to the last device. If the headphones do not reconnect to the last device after continuously sending a reconnection signal for 5s, it will enter into pairing mode again.
How do I connect my soundcore Q20i headphones to a second device using the multi-point feature?1. After connecting the headphones to a Bluetooth device, double-click the "Power On" button and it will enter into pairing mode again: you will hear the pairing prompt and the blue light will flash quickly, then you will be able to select the headphones on the second device to begin pairing.
2. You can only connect to a second device if the first device is inactive, if sound input is received from the first device the headphones will not enter into pairing mode;
3. If you use the first connected Bluetooth device to make a call or when an incoming call rings, the second device remains in a call waiting state: ①When you click the play/pause button it will hang up the current call and automatically connect to the waiting call; ②Long press the play/pause button to reject waiting call.
4. The play/pause button only responds to the last active device;
5. If the first device is playing music and the second device receives a call, short press the play/pause button to answer the call. Once the call has ended the headphones will resume playing the music from the first device.
6. When there is a link loss of any device in multi-point mode, the connection time is 10 minutes, and the LED displays the status of the device that is still connected.
Is there a noise cancelling feature in AUX-in state?No, the AUX-in state does not feature noise cancelling.
Can I make a call with the AUX cable?No, due to the fact there is no mic on the AUX cable, but you can make calls through the microphone of the connected device itself when you connect the headphones with the AUX cable.
Why can I still hear voices when using noise cancelling mode?Our noise canceling mainly eliminates low-frequency noise, such as the roar of machines, the sound of air-conditioning units, etc., and the elimination of human voice is weak, so sometimes it will not effectively reduce the noise of human voices.
Why are voices quiet when using transparency mode?The Transparency mode for the Q20i is designed to allow low, natural external sound. When there is no/low sound input to the headphones voices can be heard clearly to ensure there is no need to remove the headphones.
Why is the call quality poor when playing games?This is because the headphones are working in the call mode while you are playing games in Bluetooth mode, in order to ensure good call quality, the Bluetooth protocol limits the listening bandwidth in the call mode which will reduce the listening sound quality. This is limited by the Bluetooth protocol, almost all Bluetooth headphoness will do this.
How is the call quality of soundcore Q20i?The Q20i uses a built-in microphone to make calls while in Bluetooth mode. Calls retain the clarity of human voices which can lead to some ambient noise being present when in a busy environment.
How long does it take to fully charge?About 2 hours in an indoor environment.
Please note the headphones will not charge in an environment below 0°C.
What are the requirements for the charger?The charger should follow these requirements: 5V, 1A
What is the battery life?40H (Bluetooth+ANC ON)
60H (Bluetooth+ANC OFF)
The headphones will play for 4 hours on a 10 minute charge.
1. The above result is based on tests conducted at 50% volume with 3 songs looped to playback.
2. Different environments and different music will affect the play time.
How do I enable the Transparency/Noise canceling function?Press the NC button on the headphones once to enable the transparency mode, you will hear a "ANC---Normal---Transparency" voice prompt
Can I have a conversation when the transparency mode is turned on while the earphones are playing music?No, you can not.
The transparency mode of Q20i only puts the ambient sound in naturally, unlike other brands that amplify the external sound and reduce the music volume. Therefore, if you turn on the transparent mode while playing music, you will not be able to hear what the other party is saying.
You can pause the music or lower the music volume during the conversation.
How do I activate Siri or the voice assistant?Long press the ANC button for 2s to activate or deactivate the voice assistant.
How do I activate the multi-point feature to connect the second device?Double-click the "Power On" button twice, the blue light will flash quickly alongside a voice prompt, then it will enter into the second pairing state.
If no device is paired within 2 minutes, the pairing state will be automatically canceled.
How to implement multi-party calls in multi-point mode?1. Press the "Power On" button once to keep the call on device 1 and answer the call from device 2.
2. After this, you can switch calls between device 1 and device 2 by long pressing the "Power On" button for 1 second, and short press to hang up the current call.
3. Long press the "Power On" button for 1 second to reject a call from device 2.
How do I maintain soundcore Q20i?1. Don't leave it unused all the time. It is recommended to use it at least once a month. If the headphones battery is completely dead, it will cause the battery to over discharge which will greatly affect the battery life.
2. Try not to charge the headphones when the remaining power is only 20% or when the power is low. This also has a great impact on battery life.
3. Keep it in a dry place, if the headphones come into contact with liquids please dry them with cold air.
4. Clean the earcovers and head pads frequently, and keep the parts in contact with the skin hygienic and clean; clean them with alcohol wipes.
5. Putting it on for a long time after sweating will cause mold and discoloration of the leather case.
6. Avoid irreversible damage to the headphones caused by excessive external force.
How do I maintain the battery?The headphones cannot be stored without electricity for a long time. It is recommended to charge the headphones once every 3 months. Charge the headphones in time when the battery is low.
How do I deal with foreign objects and liquids entering the charging port?Use a dry cloth to carefully clean the foreign objects and liquids in the charging port, and let the charging port dry for 24 hours before charging.
How do I reset the pairing information?While in the pairing state, long press the switch button and the volume + button in unison for 5 seconds to clear the Bluetooth pairing information
Conference software use input and output settings related issuesFor Windows computers:
1. Option 1 of being able to hold the call between the two parties:
Microphone: choose the same as the system, at this time the microphone is input from the computer, not from the headphones mic.
Speaker terminal selection: stereo
Effect: The background noise on the headphone side is ok, and the background noise of the other party is ok.
2. Option 2 to be able to maintain the conversation between the two parties:
Speaker selection: hands-free
Effect: The headphone side hears a lot of background noise, the reason is that the hands-free adopts SBC encoding, the noise is too much and the sound quality is poor; the other side hears the background noise ok.
3. If you choose hands-free for the microphone and stereo for the speaker, you cannot make a normal call (you can only hear, but the mic will not work)
(The difference between hands-free and stereo: hands-free is used for calls, using SBC encoding, you must choose hands-free when you need to use the headphones mic; stereo uses AAC encoding, less noise and good sound quality, but you can only listen and cannot use the headphone's mic)
For Apple Computers:
There are no stereo or hands-free options. You can only select soundcore Q20i in the options.
Microphone: headphone pairing name
Speaker selection: headphone pairing name
Effect: The background noise can be heard at the maximum volume on the headphone side, and the background noise disappears after the other party mutes, the effect is similar to the background noise on the headphone side of a mobile phone call.
What should I do if there is a low-frequency abnormal sound (e.g. popping sounds)?1. Turn down the volume;
2. Ensure that the leather case fits closely against the face to prevent headphone noise from leaking and causing abnormal sounds at low frequencies.
What should I do if the headphones button does not work？Since this product uses the BES new-generation chip Bluetooth products, there is a very small probability that there may be some unknowable abnormal software crashes. When button failures or crashes occur on the headphones for some reason, please use the charging cable to charge normally. It can be completely reset and reused. And the original chip factory is continuously optimizing this issue, we promise to keep moving.
What to do if the headphones does not charge?This may be caused by the insufficient power of the charger or the charger is damaged.
Please note the charging current of the headphones is relatively large, up to 600mA. The output power of unqualified or broken chargers is too low. When the charger is connected to a high-current device, the output voltage drops, causing the headphones to fail to charge.
So please recharge the headphones with a different charger with sufficient power. We recommend you use a genuine charger above 5V1A.
What should I do if the computer prompts that the current exceeds the limit while I charge the Q20i with my computer?Please note the charging current of the headphones is about 600mA, and the current output of the USB port of some computers is too small, so there will be a pop-up window on the computer if the current exceeds the limit . So we will recommended you to use a genuine adapter (5V no less than 1A) to charge soundcore Q20i.
What should I do if the quality of ANC is poor?1. Check whether you are wearing the headphones correctly and whether the left and right are reversed;
2. Ensure the earcovers completely cover your ears.
3. Adjust the length of the headphones to ensure it fits correctly;
What should I do if there is a sound of current when the device is connected via Aux-In while charging?It is recommended to unplug the charger when using the device and only use the battery for power, or use a three-prong grounded plug.
What should I do if the volume is low when making the call?Please check whether you are wearing the headphones correctly and whether the left and right are reversed, because the call MIC is on the right front of the headphones, if the headphones are on incorrectly the MIC position will be on the left rear which will affect the call volume.